I work very well with couples who are curious about what a loving relationship could look like for them, rather than what it “should” look like. We pay particular attention to what supports and enhances each of you within the relationship. I strive to support and advocate for love in all its forms. I work with couples of all genders and sexual expressions: LGBTQ couples, kinky couples, polyamorous and nonmonogamous couples are welcome here.
As we work together, I step in to help slow down the fighting or distancing, soften the hardened edges, and help bring couples back into mutuality, partnership, and intimacy. Most couples struggle around spending more time together, agreeing to a deeper level of commitment, or any number of decisions or tensions around sex, money, kids, gender roles, emotional intimacy and safety- even issues as mundane as chores or meals. Dynamics you’ve learned from your parents or other important couples in your life may further separate you from the person you love. It may be scary or hard to talk through these things, but as we sit together, you can feel close again.
Some topics that I help couples navigate are:
- understanding one another when the two of you have different experience of privilege
- supporting each other when a trauma interferes in the relationship
- setting boundaries and healthy interaction with in-laws and friends
- working as a team throughout trying to conceive a baby, pregnancy and new parenthood
- managing the “mental load” and figuring out a way to distribute work and chores in a fair way